RUIDOSO SPRINT TRIATHLON
Saturday, June 14h, 2014 @ 8:00 AM
Proceeds from the Ruidoso Sprint Triathlon benefit local non profit organizations. (Benefactors in 2014: Boy Scout Troop #59; Ecoservants; Lincoln County Sheriff Posse; Ruidoso Noon Lions; Sierra Blanca Amateur Radio Club; Ski Apache Adaptive Skier Program). We are proud to be included in the Southwest Challenge Series-a duathlon & triathlon championship series in NM & West Texas. CCR Timing of Colorado Springs will provide chip timing. This event will be USA Triathlon sanctioned.
Reverse Triathlon event
RUN (3.2M mixed paved/trail) BIKE (16.8M paved) SWIM (400Y indoor pool)
Sprint Run: http://www.app.strava.com/activities/120821323
Sprint Bike: http://www.strava.com/runs/36970078
Deadline is 6/11/2014 at 4pm. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Walk in: Ruidoso Athletic Club, 415 Wingfield Street, Ruidoso. Payment: cash or check only. (575-257-4900)
- By mail: Print a registration form at bicycleruidoso.com. Payment by check only. Make payment to Bicycle Ruidoso.
- On line: http://www.active.com/event_detail.cfm?event_id=2125084
with credit card only.
Frederic Moras race director (575-937-7106. firstname.lastname@example.org)
NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION
All Athletes are required to show photo ID including relay participants.
NO ID = NO RACE. NO EXCEPTIONS
Youth athletes (under 18) must be accompanied by a participant/guardian with a photo ID.
The Triathlon will be held rain or shine. We make every effort to have short sleeved tech shirts for every participant.
Host hotel Ruidoso Mountain Inn, 400 W. Hwy 70 (575-257-3736). Mention “The Ruidoso Sprint Triathlon” for special rate. Visit the Ruidoso Valley Chamber of Commerce for more lodging (www.ruidosonow.com or www.discoveruidoso.com) or call 877-784-3676.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Friday, June 13, 2014 from 6 to 8.00 p.m. :
Race packets will be available including USAT Triathlon license check at the Ruidoso Athletic Club, 415 Wingfield St, Ruidoso (575-257-4900).
Bring USAT License, photo ID, sign waiver.
Saturday, June 14, 2014 from 6.30 to 7:15 a.m.:
Wingfield Park tent. (West of Ruidoso Athletic Club). Late packet pick up. Bring USAT license, photo ID, sign waiver. Body marking. Bike corral opens.
- 7:20 am: Race briefing
- 7:45 am: Transition/Bike corral closes.
- 8:00 am: Race starts Male & Clydesdale wave
- 8:10 am: Female & Athena wave
- 8:20 am: Relays Male, Female & Co-ed
- 10:00 am: Food & refreshments available at Finish line.
- 11:00 am: Transition/Bike corral closes.
- 12:15 pm: Post race party award ceremony (tentative schedule)
Top three Male & Female Solo: Ruidoso Carved Bears.
Top Relay Male, Female & Co-ed (each member 2 or 3/team): Ruidoso Carved Bears.
Athena/Clydesdale, Age groups winners (Male & Female) - 2 Deep: Ruidoso Carved Bears.
RUN (3.5M mixed paved & trail) Red/orange marking & tape “Red for Run”
- Follow a paved road to Grindstone Lake, right at the “Y”, turn left at the first aid station (just under 1M from the start). Run around the lake clockwise, turn left after
exiting the lake, left uphill & a quick right on a dirt road (Santa Maria Drive).
Follow red arrows on the road.
Arrive at Wingfield Park on the west side.
- No headphones.
- For your safety, race numbers must be worn on the front & visible at all times.
BIKE (16.8M paved road ) Blue marking on road & additional safety signs “Blue for Bike”
- There will be NO ROAD CLOSURES.
- Same direction as the run for ½ mile. Go left at the Y. At a stop sign, turn right on Carrizo Canyon Road toward the Inn of Mountain Gods Resort & Casino. Proceed on Carrizo Canyon Road until you reach Hwy 70. Use extreme caution, ride on the right for a mile, using the shoulder for safety, turn right on Botella Road. Then you will take a right at the stop sign to White Mountain Drive, you will travel east until you reach the Y at the Hunting Lodge. Turn left & you will be returning on Carrizo Canyon Road to the transition area.
- Reduce speed when descending the road to the bike corral. Stop & dismount before crossing timing mat. Rack your bike before running to the pool.
- No personal support vehicles.
- For your safety & the security of your equipment, athletes only in the bike corral.
- CPSC approved helmets must be securely fastened & worn at all time on the bicycle.
- Cyclists are responsible for the safe maintenance and operation of their bicycle.
- No drafting off another bicycle or motor vehicle. (You should overtake and pass within 15 seconds).
- Stay right, except to pass. Crossing the center of road is a disqualification.
SWIM (400Y indoor pool)
Follow the carpet after crossing a timing mat to the pool on the east side of the transition/bike corral. The pool consists of four 8-foot wide lanes, 25 yards long so you will swim 16 lengths.
- After entering the building by the door marked IN, you will enter the water directly at the opposite side. “ Snake” your way during the swim (always swim on left side of the lane (twice) go under the lane in the shallow area of the pool). After swimming the four lanes once you MUST re-enter the water for 200 more yards. A volunteer will mark you.
- Exit the pool by the door marked OUT, and cross the finish line. Remove timing chip.
- No swimming aides (paddles, fins, wet suits), no walking on the bottom of the pool.